Wednesday 13 July 2011

If you go down to the woods today...

Annoyed at myself for being a few days late with this post, wanted to keep them regular every second Monday, it'll not happen again!  Anyways, I have a few photo's to share from Tollymore Forest, just outside Newcastle.  Such a beautiful place, first thing that I thought of was Lothlorien from Lord of the Rings.  The weather couldn't have been better apart from a little shower towards the end of the visit, but we could have done without all the midges..

 I'll be honest, as shallow as the water between the stepping stones was, I was still pretty nervous crossing them...but they make for great pictures!

 This is just a wee random one I had to take.  The water was so clear and I was so close to getting my socks and shoes off to go in for a wee paddle, but I had no towel...next time I'll be more prepared!

I loved this tiny lake in Tollymore, on the other side there was a Herron that I really wanted to get a picture of, but I got too close and scared it off.

I know this picture is pretty shaky, I forgot my tripod and wanted to take it with a slower shutter, but I think it still shows the beauty of Tollymore =)

I highly recommend Tollymore forest to everyone, it's a wonderful day out...especially when you go into Newcastle and get ice cream ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment